Subject: Re: End of Lease at 18487 Del Bonita
From: "PP" <[email-masked]>
To: "Danielle Patterson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 21:13:16 -0700

Danielle,

I believed you knew that we were going to sign a whole year contract. But 
because Jane mistakenly placed the wrong terminate date, it's the same as 
the beginning date.
Due to this mistake, I lost 3 month of rent money $5550.00 and also the 6% 
commission total $1332 for both agents.

You really are a smart woman, originally, I would not let you move out on 
4/20/2013, but because you said I can keep the full month rent, I agreed to 
let you move out. This agreement is between you and me. It's really my right 
to keep the whole month rent you gave me, I didn't have to give it back. 
Then you bring up the tenancy policy just when my new tenant moved in. I 
feel like you are trying to use this policy to force me to refund the money.

To make things simple and keep you happy, I agree to your negotiation the 
part that I refund $200 to you. Once I get your document with a 
notarization, then I will refund the $200 and destroy or return the May pro 
rated rent check to you. The document MUST have a notarization or I will not 
refund.

Please give me the document with the notarization as soon as possible so we 
can move on to the next step.

Thank you,
Meiling

-----Original Message----- 
From: Danielle Patterson
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:07 AM
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Subject: End of Lease at 18487 Del Bonita

Hello Mei Ling:

We would rather talk to you then communicate with Jane Hwang.  She 
communicated, "My contract with Meling is things with getting new tenant in. 
Nothing to do with rental management.  Please contact landlord".

As far as the repayment of pro-rated rent, we have since learned that it is 
against California Tenacy Law to have double rent on one place of residency. 
Seeing as their was confusion between yourself and us, let's figure this 
out.  We vacated the property 4/20/13 early AM.  The new tenant moved in 
4/22/13.  I inquired about a new tenant during the walk through on 4/19/13 
and you did not confirm.

Again, there was confusion so let's split the difference.  Would you please 
destroy the May pro rated rent check?  That is no longer valid seeing as you 
have a new tenant in the property.  As far as all of April's rent... how 
about we split the difference and you return $200 of that check.  We can 
sign a document saying all parties agree to $200 April refund (due to new 
tenant moving into the property) and you can destroy the May check.  Would 
you agree to this?

In reference to the Security deposit/Pet deposit, I never received a copy of 
the walkthrough.  We agreed that we would buy the sink (done) and pay for 
install.  We bought trim paint and touched up (done) and match paint for the 
walls and touch up (done) and bought floor scratch and touched up (done). 
Also we re-cleaned the oven and vent fans and left cleaner (done).  Can you 
take out the cost for sink install and agree that the rest of  the security 
deposit is returned?

Would this work for you?  That way we can solve this and walk away, making 
everyone happy.

Talk to you soon,
Danielle=